I’m rather proud of myself for working on a recipe and coming up with something that my kids have been begging me to make for them since. Of course it is chocolate chunk cookies, so they could just be begging because it’s cookies. I’ll just continue to think that it is because they were mind blowingly good cookies.
Every once in a while do you just have a craving that need to be filled? You know those cravings that won’t listen to reason about how you’re just too busy to succumb. Well, a craving like that is what brought about these Ooey Gooey Chocolate Chunk Cookies. Sure you’ve had chocolate chip cookies before. You might have even had a different chocolate chunk cookie. But these cookies, well these cookies might just surprise you.
I’m totally not bragging.
Okay. Maybe I am. Hey I impressed myself!
And you will totally impress your loved ones with these ooey gooey chocolate chunk cookies as well.
These cookies would make excellent gifts for Christmas as well. They store beautifully in cookie tins! Think teacher, grand parents, friends, and neighbors.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup of softened butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 TBSP pancake syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 bar of German Sweet Baking Chocolate
- 1/2 bar of Semi Sweet Baking Chocolate
- Beat butter, white sugar, and syrup in mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Add flour, and mix until well combined.
- Chop chocolate bars into small chunks. Stir chocolate into batter.
- Using an ice-cream scoop, drop balls of cookie dough about 3 inches apart onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 minutes. (Edges should be a light brown)
- Cool on sheet for a few minutes, and then transfer to a cookie rack to finish cooling.
- I use an ice-cream scoop for making even cookies! You could easily use a large tablespoon right out of your silverware drawer. And more power to you if you can resist eating the cookies before they are fully cooled!