Not all yogurts are equal. And not all yogurts are eaten like they are the absolute best thing ever to grace the lips of a child. But Annie’s Organic Whole Milk Yogurt was. At least in my house. Eaten so quickly, I had to hide two cups to make this lick off the spoon, get every last schmear, delicious Strawberry Patch Yogurt Dip.
With my kids I am always looking for healthier treats for them to enjoy. Fortunately for us yogurt and fruit are a couple of things my kids would eat by the truckload. They love the stuff. So when I was presented with coming up with a fun recipe using Annie’s Organic Whole Milk Yogurt, I figured why not a fruit dip that was easy to make and would please even the pickiest of eaters. Even the one who doesn’t particularly care for strawberry flavored stuff. It worked. It was devoured in like 30 seconds flat. It was like a horde of animals who hadn’t eaten in a week all bent over the serving plate. You should’ve seen them jockeying for position. I was to scared for my life to try and get in there and take a picture of the melee happening in my dining room.
Annie’s Organic Whole Milk Yogurt comes in three flavors. You can find it in strawberry, vanilla, and mixed berry. What I really like about the yogurt cups is that they are the perfect size for an after school snack. I don’t have to worry about any wasted yogurt with the 4 oz serving size. A couple of the boys had the yogurt with granola for breakfast one morning, and it seemed to keep them fueled for 3-4 hours before they were asking for a snack.
• Made with organic whole milk and organic fruit
• No artificial flavors, synthetic colors or preservatives
• No antibiotics or synthetic hormones
• Nutrition: each 4-ounce serving contains 100 calories, 4 grams of protein and 3 grams of fat.
Right now you can get Annie’s Organic Whole Milk Yogurt at Publix 2 for $5. That’s 8 cups of yogurt for $5. Not too bad. You can print the recipe below to make your own Strawberry Patch Yogurt Dip. And while you are at it, enter to win a $15 PayPal cash prize. I’m helping fund your yogurt habit a little!
- 2 4 oz cups of Annie's Organic Whole Milk Yogurt in Summer Strawberry flavor
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese
- 2 TBSP powdered sugar
- Strawberries, apples, graham crackers, etc.
- Put yogurt, cream cheese, and powdered sugar in mixer.
- Using a whisk attachment, mix together until consistency you like (we like ours just a little chunky- think cottage cheese pieces)
- Serve with fruit and crackers.