Cinco De Mayo brings about a Mexican fiesta in our home. Since mexican style foods is a favorite here, we often do something yummy for the holiday. One of the kids favorite things is Mini Taco Salad Appetizers that I do in place of nachos. Your plain jane everyday nachos gets boring, and you just need to change up a couple of things to get something new and fun.
With Publix coupons in hand, I headed out to grab some of my favorite Old El Paso products, and some avocados from Mexico to put together a plate of these Mini Taco Salad Appetizers. Cost for me on this trip was around $15, but I went for convenience and spent a little extra on pre-shredded lettuce and pre-diced tomatoes. I also spent a little extra on name brand scoop style tortilla chips since they were buy one get one free at Publix.
These appetizers easy to make. In 15 minutes you can have these out and being served. Simple, quick, delicious, and a little different than your everyday nachos!
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked/drained of grease/and crumbled
- 1 package Old El Paso taco seasoning
- 1 avocado, diced
- Lettuce, shredded up into small pieces.
- Tomato, diced and seeds/juicy middle part removed.
- Sour Cream
- Old El Paso Taco Sauce
- Old El Paso Refried Beans
- Mexican style shredded cheese
- Scoop style tortilla chips
- Cook your ground beef. Add in your seasoning and finish off your taco meat.
- While your taco meat is finishing up, line a large platter with the chips. Add little of the refried beans to the bottom of each chip.
- Top beans with meat.
- Add lettuce, tomato, and avocado to each chip.
- Top with sour cream, taco sauce, and cheese.
- Note: For the sour cream and taco sauce- I put the sour cream in a sandwich bag and cut off the tip to make it easier to get an even amount across the chips. I did the same for the taco sauce.
- Note: I used lettuce shreds and pre-diced tomatoes to cut down prep time.
Do you plan on having a Cinco De Mayo party? What do you plan to serve?